For more than a decade, Acumatica has become one of the fastest-growing ERP solutions in the world by delivering innovation to customers and continually committing to product improvements. These improvements are delivered in twice-annual product updates, R1 and R2.
2018 R2 brought it’s own set of improvements to each module, including ASC 606 readiness, improvements to multi-entity closing, better project management and more, as we discussed in a blog on the update here.
2019 R1 follows up on this, adding a wide range of improvements across the board to the platform, focused on usability and continued improvement. From the ‘across-the-board’ enhancements to the following made to each module, every module of Acumatica’s cloud ERP solution has been enhanced in some way in Acumatica 2019 R1.
Announced and discussed in full at the Acumatica Summit 2019, 2019 R1 brings the following improvements:
- Predefined list of currencies: Acumatica cloud ERP now provides a predefined list of all currencies included in the ISO 4217 standard.
- Different Start Periods for Companies in the same tenant: Companies using Financial Management and having multiple legal entities can now have different fiscal year-end dates. Now, an organization can accelerate implementation; simplify maintenance for companies that share vendors/stock items/employees; run consolidated operational reports; and facilitate the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
Order management and Inventory
- Automated Warehouse Operations (WMS): WMS gives users the power to complete warehouse operations with inventory items, such as picking, packaging, PO receiving, putting away, transferring, and physical counting by using barcode scanners or mobile devices.
- Ship-to info: Multiple shipments or orders with different addresses are included in the Sales Order invoice.
- Multi-currency project accounting: Users can enter project transactions in different currencies and maintain projects in both the base currency and the project currency. With multi-currency project accounting, project managers and accountants have the ability to calculate project profitability in both the project currency and the base currency, and present costs to the customer in the customer’s currency.
- Project budget forecast by period: With project budgeting by period, users can forecast original and revised budget amounts and quantities for existing project budget lines for financial periods of the master calendar. Each project can have multiple budget forecast revisions.
- Company-Specific Financial Periods in Project Accounting: Companies using project accounting within the same tenant can have different fiscal year-end dates with this functionality.
- Calendar boards: With field service management software, customize the calendar board by rotating the members vs time axis. Users can change the time range to show schedules for one week or one month. The user now can also reassign an appointment from one staff member to another on a different date, viewing the agenda for a group of staff members on a particular week or month, or viewing the availability of rooms on a particular week or month.
- Location Tracking: Using mobile device of the service personnel, the GPS location of any location can be tracked.
- Generate Invoice: From the Field Service application, the service personnel can now directly generate an invoice from a service order or an appointment.
Improve Your Business with IBG and Acumatica
Whether you are an Acumatica customer who is looking to understand the wide range of improvements available (and maybe find a new partner to support your day to day operations) or you are a prospect looking to see the latest features, the team at IBG would love to help. We have completed hundreds of successful implementations and know the benefits of this software for your business. We invite you to learn more about our work, read up on other features from the new update, and contact us for more information.